Get to know our school staff. We are all here to help.
Our professional, university-educated teachers encourage students to develop a love of learning and a desire to succeed. They maintain the highest integrity and concern for your child’s wellbeing and have embraced the ethos of a senior school environment. The staff is a mix of those with many years of experience and those who are in the earlier stages of their teaching careers. All teaching staff members are focused on working in partnership with students to assist them to achieve their educational, vocational and personal goals. The staff regularly reflect on their teaching practice, which is informed by value-added and HSC data analysis, and are actively involved in their own professional learning. Many staff members are experienced HSC markers and senior markers, bringing a wealth of expertise to the core business of quality teaching and learning at St Marys Senior High School.
The principal, Ms Sally Smithard is responsible for the educational leadership and management of our school. If you would like to speak to Sally, please contact us to make an appointment.
Our school administrative staff can answer inquiries or direct you to the appropriate staff member for help.
Principal: Sally Smithard
School Leadership Team:
- Deputy Principal (Year 11): Danielle Ervine
- Deputy Principal (Year 12): Leah Havord
- English: Julie Robinson
- Mathematics: Simone Pett
- Science (Rel) : Andrew Mabey
- Commercial Studies: Salochna Reddy
- Creative and Performing Arts: Nicole Bonfield
- HSIE: Shara Walsh
- LOTE: Luigi Serra
- Learning and Wellbeing: Melissa Jacka
- PDHPE: Rebecca Powell
- Secondary Studies: Lucas Widdison
- TAS / Computing: Matt Topp
- Year 11: Charly Ebejer
- Year 12: Tracie Huet
- First Australians: Leah Havord
- Sport and Recreation: Joanne Brines
- Business Manager (Acting): Rebecca Zinghini
- School Administration Manager (Rel): Angela Demaio
- Year 11, Surnames A-G: Sussan Allaou
- Year 11, Surnames H-O: Wendi Kambolli
- Year 11, Surnames P-Z: Luigi Serra
- Year 12, Surnames A-G: Adam Bernthaler
- Year 12, Surnames H-O: Lauren Hasna
- Year 12, Surnames P-Z: Jeff Larsen
- Learning Support: Carmel Harriden, Carly McPherson, Ashlee Pleffer
- Careers Adviser (Rel): Cheryll Ruskin