St Marys Senior High School provides many opportunities to participate in sporting activities.
We belong to the Werrington Zone School Sports Association, where students can represent the school in gala days against other local high schools. These gala days are the foundation for progression through the representative sporting pathway, where our talented athletics have the opportunity to showcase their abilities at Sydney West, NSW Combined High Schools (CHS) and All Schools competitions.
We also enter team sports in the Sydney West CHS Knockout Competition, in which schools compete for the title of state champions.
St Marys Senior High School allows students to further represent the school as teams are sent to a variety of stand alone competitions such as the NSW Futsal Schools Championships.
Sporting opportunities are not limited to competitive pathways, as student led clubs and in house sporting events allow students of all skill levels to be involved in a supportive environment.
Additionally, students in Year 11 at St Marys Senior High School must complete at least 30 hours of activities. Students can choose their own mix of activities as well as when they will do them. The six basic options are:
1. Play sport outside of school.
2. Enrol in a Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation course.
3. Represent the school in a sport and/or sporting team - St Marys Senior High School has a proud tradition of success in a wide range of sports, and information about selections, training and competition is released throughout the year.
4. Participate in lunchtime competitions within the school.
5. Take part in recreational games during periods when students don't have a scheduled class.
6. Sign up for and complete an external recreation or fitness program.